Quote: “My favourite thing about associations is that they are all committed to making the world a better place.” Mary Byers
Do you have all the clients you need, or do you have space on your calendar to keep adding to your list? On this episode of The Wealthy Speaker Show we are fortunate to welcome Mary Byers, who is an expert on associations and will share with us what you can do to improve your chances of getting booked with them.
Mary Byers, CAE, is co-author of Race for Relevance: Five Radical Changes for Associations and Road to Relevance: 5 Strategies for Competitive Associations. She’s the former Director of Communications and Member Services for the Illinois State Dental Society and served in that capacity for nine years prior to starting her consulting business in 1998.
Highlights you won’t want to miss:
- The evolution of associations. 1:20
- How to keep getting asked back by associations. 5:50
- Can you set consistent pricing for different levels of associations? 10:15
- How sponsorship can help you get the gig. 14:45
- Does RFP mean free? 19:55
- Focus Pocus…targeting your ideal audience. 28:15
- Reverse engineering the Pivot Points to find what works. 32:45
- Advice for making tough decisions. 26:05
[spp-tweet tweet=”Would you like some advice on how to work your way up the association ladder? Join us to hear Mary Byers share her insight on associations and the best way to get booked with them.”]
Mary specializes in working with volunteer association leaders and chief staff executives to help define their roles and clarify their vision through leadership conference programming, facilitating strategic planning retreats and coaching. She is a Certified Association Executive and a member of the National Speakers Association and is also the author of seven books.
If you could use some great ideas on how to get more bookings and spinoff with associations, you simply can’t afford to miss this episode!
I hope you’ll download and learn.