In the frenzy of closures and cancellations the last few days, my goal became to put out some positive ideas and information. On this episode of The Wealthy Speaker Show, I’m so happy to welcome Gerard Braud who is here to talk to us about how to endure the crisis of the Coronavirus and to position yourself for what your business will look like when it’s over.
Few people in the speaking business know this like Crisis Communications Expert Gerard Braud (Jared Bro). Not only is crisis communications his business, but he has been through more personal financial crises than most.
- He was laid off from an amazing job in 1996… which led to his entrance into professional speaking.
- In 2004, he faced a sudden life-threatening illness that kept him from working for 6 months.
- In 2005, he was hit by Hurricane Katrina, which devastated his hometown of New Orleans.
- In 2008, like many U.S. based speakers, he had to endure the great recession.
“Give away more information…I’ve never seen anybody in life who gives away, who doesn’t get more back.” Gerard Braud
Listen to the podcast below:
Highlights you won’t want to miss:
- Becoming an expert in chaos. [1:00]
- NSAF…what is it and what does it do? [4:55]
- Financial strategy and planning. [8:00]
- But wait…there’s more chaos. [11:30]
- Thinking through and getting past the panic. [15:30]
- Cost-cutting ideas. [25:45]
- Taking the opportunity to “retool” your business. [31:55]
Are you feeling dread and doubt in the midst of the Coronavirus crisis? Tune in to hear Crisis Management Expert, Gerard Braud share some of his ideas to persist and even flourish in the face of panic. Click to tweet
Despite these life-changing and catastrophic events, he found a way to endure and to come out on the other side being better and stronger. And ultimately, that is what every speaker needs to be prepared to do, as speakers around the world are affected by the Coronavirus and the cancellation of speaking engagements.
Gerard’s path into crisis communications started when he was an award-winning television reporter. You may have seen him on CBS, NBC, CNN, HLN, or The Weather Channel. Since leaving the news business in 1994, Gerard has helped organizations on five continents, by writing their crisis communications plans, training their spokespeople, and testing their teams during drills.
If you could use some great advice on how to prepare, sustain and thrive in this time of uncertainty, you simply can’t afford to miss this episode.
I hope you’ll download and learn.
Gerard’s website: https://braudcommunications.com/
NSA Foundation: https://www.nsaspeaker.org/about/nsa-foundation/
Watch the podcast episode on YouTube: https://youtu.be/RiYTIw7hHao
Want to hear more episodes of the Wealthy Speaker podcast or subscribe so you never miss an interview? Check out the podcast episode archive, HERE or subscribe on either Apple Podcasts or Stitcher below.